Sunday, January 09, 2005

Lethal Weapons aka clay

I've been a petrol head for years, but I saw something at the speedway last night that scared me. I've seen drivers hurt before, its one of the risks they take when they participate in the sport... But never seen an audience member hurt before.

We were at Baypark for the Qualifier for the National Stock Car champs last night. I had my 6 year old daughter and my 6 year old brother with me. We sit with a group of friends with alsorted children and adults. We know that clay gets flicked up and you have to be aware of it. Hell, I once caught a bit before it hit my friends daughter in the face.

But last night a woman got hit by a huge lump of clay and got taken to hospital by ambulance. It kinda freaked me, it could have easily have been a child. The Stock car Champs are tonight, we are giving them a miss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home