Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Fighting the war against Ignorance and Bad Spelling

I belong to a BDSM forum. Part of the forum involves profiles that kind of work like personal ads. I personally don't really bother with them much, however I was talking to a guy I met on the forum and he was having a chuckle to himself about a particular profile he was reading with 18 spelling mistakes in it. I asked him to link me...the profile belonged to an older guy who seemed to take himself very seriously. I couldn't resist messaging him. Now its turned into a bit of a war. I'm enjoying every moment of it...

Me:
Hi there
I was just reading your profile and was compelled to message you...

There are 18 spelling errors in your profile:
pitete
your
facad
isolatoin
your
your
your
your
developped
comensurite
submisive
devotted
dities
MAster
your
your
setteling
thankyou

and in the journal
contct
your

You seem to take yourself very seriously...I would recommend fixing those errors if you expect other people to do so too.

Have a nice day


His reply:
I dont really give a shit... if you didnt get the message in my profile your thick and there fore not suitable...

you stupid fuck...

you just wasted 30 seconds of your time and 5 seconds of mine...

to make yourself feel important...

poor girl...


So I answered with:
Oh, I know I'm not suitable. I wouldn't dream of considering a relationship with someone who is either mildly illiterate or is just simply too damn lazy to run their text though a spell check program. Besides which, are you really too ignorant to realise when someone has gone out of their way to help you?

And you call me stupid...lol

Have a nice day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

LaRa!!
This is too funny to be believed!!
Even after you pointed out that he needed a spell-check fairy, he persisted in continuing on his gramatically challenged path.

Stubborn as a mule...is that in his profile? Mulish as an "ass"?, maybe???
*shakes head*
This has real entertainment value.
Thanks!

9:52 AM  
Blogger eMMa said...

LOL hes read my reply and, rather smartly I think, chosen not to respond.

So I pasted some of his 'ranting' and a few of my own thoughts on the qualities of a good Master into MY profile.

-Notices he still hasn't corrected his errors-

9:02 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

*giggle*
Too funny.
oh, *ahem*, have a question for you...
What is a BDSM forum?
I guess my sheltered life is showing *grin*
Sounds...intriguing.

Oh, maybe the guy is out buying a dictionary and thesarus so he can impress you???? *wink*

4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home