Sunday, October 09, 2005

Toothbrushes and cash!

I have another tool in my parenting toolbox. Nana has been giving Nicole $2 in loose change each week for a while now. Over the holidays shes been itching to spend it. And has spent a bit.

Last night she stayed at a friend's place, but mysteriously lost/hid her toothbrush before it made it to her bag. Today I asked her to find it, and she claimed to not know where it is. So I gave her 5 minutes to find it, otherwise she would be using her own money to replace it. It took her about 10 seconds to 'find' it.

Maybe her having a little bit of pocket money is a good thing!

7 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

LOL!
Seems no matter where we are in this world, kids are kids.
Unless they spend their money on themselves, whether it be toys or amusements, they don't spend it. Toothbrushes and such are what Parents spend their money on.
HA! I'd like to buy something fun and frivolous for me too....but hey, they're only kids once...Adults...forever *sigh*

10:47 AM  
Blogger eMMa said...

She ended up buying a chocolate cake at the supermarket. Then eating most of it while I was in the shower this morning :\ lol

11:03 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

HAHAHAHAA!!!!!!
I Love it!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Hey cool! I just noticed you visited my blog. Thanks!!
It was great seeing your name there.

3:36 PM  
Blogger _-Sweet-Thing-_ said...

haha I gotta try that!

:o Michele has a blog! I want that link! ;)

10:05 PM  
Blogger eMMa said...

http://msfavsthgz.blogspot.com/

Its a different Michele to the one you're thinking about, I think?

I still recommend you go check out her blog though ;)

10:50 AM  
Blogger _-Sweet-Thing-_ said...

okie dokie and ty =)

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home