Monday, May 02, 2005

Online relationships

Today I was reading a messageboard belonging to an 'online couple' (yes I am a nosy bitch :D, but hey if they put it out there for the world to read...) What got me the most was the fact that they have all their little arguments and disagreements neatly chronicled. Of course I'm sure they wouldn't see it that way. But, meh, who in their right mind wants the world seeing all their pettiness? Then they bitch about having 'lurkers' and 'spies'. I really don't get it.

I've been involved in a couple of internet relationships in the past year and a half that I've had the net connected. And one thing I've learnt from them is that you keep your business to yourself. Too many people come online bored and entertain themselves with whatever is readily available. Whether that be the latest yahoo game or messing with someone's head and relationship. They are just another name on the computer screen, who cares right? I know I've been both the victim and the perpetrator in those situations at different times.

I'm not saying that its right, but then again I'm not saying its wrong. I'm saying that's how it is, so wise up and adapt. After the disasters of all of my online relationships, I've been saying for a while that I will never put myself into that situation again. Plus I'm a very physical person and cuddles and kisses with a computer screen? Nah, doesn't quite do it for me. I've come to the realization that any 'net relationship' I became involved in would have to become 'real'.

Hmm...yes, I have stuff to say about becoming real too. But that can wait till later. Right now there is laundry to do, and where the fuck is that other library book that's due back today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home