Thursday, October 13, 2005

Uhh I kinda don't want to write about this. And kind of do....

About 5 weeks ago I found a lump. I went to the doctors who told me to come back if it wasn't gone in 2 weeks. It got a bit smaller, but didn't go. It took me until yesterday to get the balls to go back...

They did a needle biopsy there and then. The local anesthetic stung way more than the big needle they stuck into me. Because of the stuff that came out of it they thought it was likely a cyst. But send it to the lab to make sure.

The results came back today and sure enough its only a cyst. I asked what happens now, and the doctors says to come back in a couple of months and they will see how it is. Then maybe organize removing it.

Compared to what it could have been I am incredibly relieved. I urge all women to do self checks!

Self check instructions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

I'm very glad that it was only a cyst.
You're way too young to have to worry about the other stuff. Not that age is a deterrant on it happening, but that I wish that breast cancer or scares would only affect women 70 yrs and older. We have so much else to worry about these days.
Hope further tests prove negative and that it was just a fluke cyst.
And you are right, early detection is crucial.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home