Friday, April 28, 2006

Beer goggles or something.

After driving the 3 hour trip home from Auckland in the dark at Easter Weekend, and terrifying myself with my inability to judge distances. I made an appointment to see an optometrist. I know I'm short sighted. I've been short sighted since I was about 20. Like my mother, my vision suddenly changed one day. It still does on occasion too.

I lost my glasses after we got flooded in May last year. I think they're still here somewhere, I just have no clue where. They were 10+ years old anyhoo, and rather ugly.

So anyways, today I found out that my right eye is slightly worse than the left. I'd be borderline as to whether I'd be able to pass the eyesight test for a drivers license without glasses (I renewed my license in December 1999 and passed WITHOUT wearing the glasses). My short sightedness is still very mild and I only need to wear glasses when I'm driving, watching TV or doing something else that involves looking at distances. I've chosen a cool pair of trendy red metal frames and they'll be ready next week!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ayannali said...

cool I want to see them :)
My older son has glasses he hates to wear....

4:34 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

I never wore glasses until my job went computerized. Within that same year, my eyesight crashed! Every year that I worked on the computers in the bank, I had to get stronger and stronger presciptions. My eyes stablized the year I quit.
I wonder if I should've sued?

12:10 AM  
Blogger eMMa said...

I'll send you a pic Ayannali! :)

My eyes were fine up until I was 20 and working with computers. Then suddenly overnight they changed. My mother had the same thing happen to her when she was in her late teens too. So I always knew it was a possibility. Even now I know when my eyesight changes, because it happens overnight, not gradually like most people. I guess I'm weird or something.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home