Thursday, September 07, 2006

And you call yourself an adult?!

In all the places I've worked in my lifetime the people treat each other with respect, there's no sabotage or verbal abuse. Basically everyone acts like adults.

I have a friend who works in a factory. He hates the job. I don't blame him at all, the work is dirty and backbreaking, the pay is mediocre, and the things that go on there frankly suck ass. The boss screams at his employees, calling them stupid and using other disgusting names. Work is sabotaged, things 'accidentally' knocked off work benches. The workers private property stolen or otherwise interfered with. My friend has been threatened with a screwdriver.

The boss is fully aware of this happening, yet does nothing to discipline the offender. And is, an offender too. I know I sure as hell wouldn't want to work in a situation like that. Where is the personal responsibility though? The ownership of ones actions?

My advice to my friend is to look for something else and get out of there as soon as he's found something better.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ayannali said...

When I left my job, the harassment wasn't as bad as this, but it was something I couldn't stomach anymore. If you leave...make sure you have something lined up to take it's place and that you were comfortable with it.

12:50 AM  
Blogger eMMa said...

He got 'terminated' that same day... :|

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home