Thursday, June 14, 2007

I GOT A SCHOLARSHIP!!!

I saw this in the newspaper several months ago and wrote up an application, then didn't hear anything for ages so pretty much forgot about it. Then yesterday I had a phone call from Maryella Wakelin telling me I'd been successful. The scholarship is for $1000. There were 30+ applicants. I am one of only four successful.

The criteria was wide. Applicants had to be in their first year of study in a health related industry. We had to provide details of our age, current and professional qualifications, current studies, employment history and future goals.

When Stewart was awarded his scholarship I was talking to the lady who administrates all the scholarships for the Polytechnic. She said shes amazed at the amount of applications that come in with long suck up letters begging the committee to give the individual a scholarship, yet none of the details asked for provided. How hard is it to read what information they are asking for and provide it?

Ha! Theres Emma's guide to writing scholarships. In my lifetime I've applied for three, and have given them everything they ask for in a well written and presented format. And all three applications have been successful!

Note: Some details have been blacked out to protect privacy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Ayannali said...

That is fantastic! Congrats!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

WOOT!!! Three Cheers to You!!
I love good news and that's a beaut!
Congrats.

12:23 AM  
Blogger eMMa said...

Thank you Lee, Ayannali and Michele!

We went to the presentation. It was like a old fashioned tea party with alot of older ladies in their good dresses. I felt very uncomfortable as did Stewart and Nicole. Stewart was the only male and Nicole the only child present. We grinned and bared it and were very grateful for the gift.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home