Monday, November 12, 2007

Nails and tears

Nicole has been a nail biter since she was about 3. It all started when she used to go to daycare. The daycare put the younger children down for afternoon naps. Around this time Nicole grew out of needing to take naps. She then used to lie on her bed chewing her fingernails off to entertain herself. Once I realized this was happening I asked the daycare to stop putting her down for naps. But too late, the habit was formed.

About a month ago I was doing manicures as part of my course. One day I practiced on Nicole (and Stewart minus the nail polish). Since that day she hasn't bitten her nails at all. They are getting quite long. Today disaster struck. She broke a nail for the first time EVER! She was so upset. Reluctantly she let me cut it before it tore and hurt her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home