Monday, January 24, 2005

Lies and Deceptions

Nearly a year ago I was involved in a online relationship with a very mysterious man. He could never tell me his full name, his occupation or even his date of birth. Nevertheless I was head over heels for this guy.

Then he said he was going away to 'take care of family business' and his 'friend' would be using his net connection, email address etc etc. He said he may not be back. Of course I was absolutely devistated with this, but things went from bad to worse. His 'friend' hinted that the man I loved had died, but refused to be straight with me. This went on for several weeks, i was beside myself with worry and frustration.

Eventually I plucked up the courage to ask ex-girlfriend of this guy if she knew anything. I think she took great pleasure in informing me that he had indeed died. I fell apart.

She then told me that she had a background check done and the man I loved and 'his friend' were one in the same person. And all the stuff he'd told me about his lifestyle etc was absolute rubbish. She even hinted he was married. This majorly did my head in.

I kept it all to myself, my head spinning with it all for several months. Until I see the 'friend' and the ex-girlfriend confessing their love for each other in the chatroom we all frequent. I spun out, I didn't know who was lieing to me, and who, if anyone, was telling me the truth.

I hardened my heart to the whole situation. And I gave his ip address to a real life friend of mine, who with the help of others traced the phone number that this man connects though dial-up from. Around the time I got this information the 'friend' informed me he was leaving the net. Yet i've seen him in the chat room, hiding under various aliases.

I'm done with the mind games. I'm worth more than this shit. Sure, i've lied online in the past, but it was nothing compared to this. Lol, funny thing is....this guy gave me the best cyber...ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home