Saturday, February 26, 2005

Can they ever work out right??

I was talking to an online friend of mine tonight and she confided in me that her relationship had ended. I was really shocked with this, her and her ex had met online and been talking for several years before he made the big move to her place. And it was a big move...from bacherlorhood in America to suburbian Australia. Plus the added complication of her two children.

Apparently it went well for the first few months, but then the cracks started to show. He was yearning for his freedom and she wanted to settle down. I'm really surprised at this whole thing, I would have thought they sorted all this sort of thing BEFORE he moved.

I guess my feelings on net relationships have been confirmed once again... they suck. Even the ones who eventually meet seem to end in disaster. Someone slap me if I ever even consider getting into one again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The net should never be the place lonely, desperate people look for a mate. These people should just stick to the false friendships and the role playing of online dating for entertainment. All that aside, for regular people that visit online sites instead of living an online lifestyle, that chance meeting does happen sometimes. Generally for those who are not only "not looking", but outright trying to avoid any bullshit sense of phony realism that net morons like to add in. Surprisingly, those people who've been honest about their lives and experiences, aren't among the socially inept already, and know how to work at a relationship, often do succeed to the point of marriage and beyond. The problem is the "online lifestyler" is a socially inept person who can't function normally outside of this box.

11:35 AM  
Blogger eMMa said...

You've obviously given a lot of thought to this subject. I agree with much of what you've said. I personally have been in 3 net relationships, none of them worked out. 2 of them fell into the category of 'net morons' and the third as well as being in that category...was an extreme liar. I can't be fucked with that shit anymore. Now i'm quite happy with my offline relationship, he makes me happy, and only come online for fun.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home