Friday, March 25, 2005

My Nana

Makes me wanna scream!

She lives next door to me and I am her primary caregiver. Shes very demanding and unreasonable, and because i'm a stong person, we tend to clash rather badly at times.

Today was one of those times. We were talking about easter eggs and what she has/wants to get for the great-grandchildren. Then out of the blue asked whether I thought Dad (her son) would be here for Christmas this year. I said I didn't know and possibly not as hes spent the last 3 Christmases here, plus it will be Sofima's granddaughters first Christmas.

Well...she went off her tree! Went on about how Dad can go and visit 'other people' but not her. I pointed out that these 'other people' she was refering to were his wife's children and family. And her family isn't any less important than his is. And they have been here for the last 3 Christmases.

Nana got herself all worked up and ended up crying and shouting at me. Then started her usual brand of emotional blackmail by saying no one cares about her and she wishes she could go to sleep and never wake up. Unfortunely for her it doesn't work on me. And really...for fucks sake...what was I supposed to do about it anyways??

1 Comments:

Blogger eMMa said...

Why should I participate in 'net drama' when I have the pleasure of real life/real people drama and emotional bullshit!

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home