Saturday, November 19, 2005

I hate cricket!

I posted photos a few weeks ago of Nicole's first ever cricket practice. Now the novelty has worn off bigtime.

For the past two weeks Nicole has played up when we got to cricket. Last week she eventually joined her team and participated in the game. Today she wouldn't go anywhere near her team and thought it might be fun to try and make me chase her all round the park. Unfortunately for her that didn't work, I sat there and ignored her. About half an hour into the game when it became obvious she wasn't going to cooperate I took her home.

She's in her bedroom crying and writing a letter to her team and the coach apologizing for letting them down and explaining why she acted so silly. Hopefully this will be the end to the silliness. I'm not letting her pull out, when she asked to play I explained that she would have to play the entire season, otherwise it spoils it for the other children.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Hi LaRa!
It was great to see your comment on my blog!
Wow, you are STRICT!!
You're going to have her play the WHOLE season!! Hopefully the season is only for 2 months or so.
What a great example you set.
I'm impressed!

1:44 PM  
Blogger eMMa said...

LOL i'm not that strict. I just had a kinda idea something like this would happen. I think theres only like another 3 weeks or so left before the Christmas holidays.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home