Friday, December 23, 2005

Merry Christmas...from my Whanau to yours!


A Kiwi Christmas...summer days at the beach, Pohutukawa Trees (NZ Christmas trees...see pic), BBQs, 6 weeks school holidays, picnics at the park, lotto learn to swim lessons, bike riding...

And for the first time in a few years we're having Christmas without our extended family around. This year it will be just the three of us. Then in the afternoon/evening we will probably go and visit friends.

New Years will probably be a non event. I'll have Nicole (of course), Aimee has asked to come stay, I've offered to have my 1 year old nephew William, and, oh, we're dogsitting our friend's dog while they go to Nelson to see their oldest son and his wife.

So far we haven't been invited to the Outlaws bach. I plan on saying a polite 'no thanks, we're busy' should it happen. I don't have any desire to put myself into a situation where we are 'in their territory' so to speak. If they want contact with Nicole....they know where to find us. Plus I got bitten badly by a white tail when we were there last year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

What's a "white tail"? Around me, a White Tail is a deer.

I hope your New Year celebration is a nice, calm, happy event.

We're not doing anything either. Rented National Treasure , I'll cook a turkey and just hang with my DH and kids.

No more Midnight reveling for me.
Not that I miss it that much.

1:42 PM  
Blogger eMMa said...

A white tail is a spider that has a bite thats full of bacteria that easily infects whoever it bites.

http://www.avru.unimelb.edu.au/avruweb/wts2b.jpg

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home