Friday, February 10, 2006

Blah!

I'm in a mood. I'm on day 27 of my cycle...so I guess its to be expected. I feel like people are deliberately trying to upset me, that I'm insignificant and unimportant. Perhaps I'm just being sensitive or paranoid even. I don't know... In short, I FEEL LOW.

Perhaps this all partially because I'm trying to kick my 'addiction'? For many years I've been addicted to Coca-Cola. Yes, you read it correctly...I'm a caffeine/sugar addict. LOL. Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? But believe me, its all true. 24 hours without Coke results in me having the shakes and a pounding headache that isn't touched by paracetamol painkillers. I've been 6 days without it now. Its been hell. I don't remember going though these kinds of physical withdrawals when I gave up smoking many years ago.

My blood test results came back, they show I'm deficient in minerals and vitamins etc...so I have pills to take for a bit, but nothing much else. I have to repeat the tests in a month. I feel fine now, so its all gravy. Must of just been the heat, humidity and being run down.

My baby girl started Year 3 on Tuesday. That morning she managed to hold back tears when I dropped her off, but the flood gates opened when I picked her up. She cried all the way home and for about 45 minutes on and off after we got home. The rest of the week has gone well, she has been pretty tired, but seems to like her teacher and classmates.

Interestingly the school has chosen to separate Nicole and her friend Rebecca from their friend Shaydine. June 16th last year Shaydine's 4 and 2 year old brothers played with matches early one morning, set the house on fire and died in the fire. Shaydine and her mother were very lucky to be alive. It was all very tragic. After all that child has been though, I'm surprised the school has chosen to separate her from the 2 children she's closest to.

I want to go to the Demolition Derby at the Speedway tomorrow night. Its been rather wet, I don't know if it will be on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

If they know Shaydine's history, they must have had a really good reason to separate them. Or should I say, they'd better. Kids need the security of a buddy to handle the challenges of pre-school or grammer school.

Hey, your "addiction" is not that unusual at all. I knew a girl who had to have diet coke for breakfast every single day without fail. I haven't seen her in years, but I remember coca cola was non-negotiable. Is HAD to be part of her AM ritual.
Congrats are beating the urge.

Oh, man, does that bring back memories. Demolition Derbys were my absolute favorites when I was growing up. They no longer do that. They tore down the race track when they sold it to 6 Flags. *sigh*,
The good ol' days.

Interesting post today, LaRa.

1:53 PM  
Blogger eMMa said...

The school is well aware of Shaydine's history etc. They co-ordinated cash donations for the family, at the time. I really hope the school know what they're doing. Shaydine is a neat little girl whos had a hellish year.

We have a speedway track that must be about 4-5 years old now. Its the best in New Zealand. A group of friends and I spend many evenings there over summer. I'm a petrol head from waaaaay back. Nicole enjoys the atmosphere, seeing her friends and to a lesser extent the races.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home