Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Cheating Heart

I had another conversation with a guy who lives an hours drive away from me today. He's in his 40s, married (unhappily) and has two children. Right from when I first met the guy he's been pushing for some sort of sexual relationship with me. I've made it clear to him multiple times that I'm NOT interested.

Today things kind of came to a head. He told me, again, that his wife was taking the children and leaving him. And then hinted that he and I could then be together. I was rather blunt. I told him that I'm not at all interested. I have never given him any reason to think otherwise, he knows where my heart lies. And besides which, there's no way I could ever trust someone who I know cheated on their wife.

This kind of reminded me of a conversation I had with my friend Suzanne the other day. A couple of years ago her husband had an affair and eventually she got smart and booted him out. Now he's with another woman. Suzanne was saying its really only a matter of time before he strays on this woman too. She's probably right too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

"Suzanne was saying its really only a matter of time before he strays on this woman too. She's probably right too."

I have a friend who lived the truth of that. She's now happily married to a wonderful guy, but first she had to get rid of the rat fink.

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've known some whorish wives who've cheated on their husbands. Not good.

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home