Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Cops n Robbers


This afternoon after picking Nicole up from school I went to the local shops to buy some stamps. While we were there we were witness to an armed holdup of one of the local banks there. I saw the dude run down the street and force a teenaged boy out of a car at gunpoint and take off in the car.

Because of my allergy to the local police force, and the fact that there were many other witnesses and the bank's security cameras, I didn't make myself known or make a statement or anything. It took them about 3 hours to track me down and make contact. Fuck, I hate being 'known' by the police. The police dude was here for an hour taking a statement. Fortunately he was a dude I went to school with, not one of the other total fucktards that work there.

Its kinda scary when that stuff happens in your own backyard. At Easter the local video hire store had its door sledge hammered in and all the x-boxes, playstations, DVD players and new releases stolen. That same night someone tried unsuccessfully to ram-raid the pharmacy across the road. That block of shops are becoming a target to thieves.

So anyways, the hold-up dude dumped the stolen car a few blocks away and disappeared into thin air. Apparently the cops haven't found the gun yet but 'think' its a toy. I don't think I'd be game enough to find out. That dude would have to be pretty damn desperate to rob a bank in broad daylight, at a busy time of day and without a pre planned get away vehicle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home