Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I don't want to be here.

I was given a ring! No, not that kind of ring. I'm not ready for that. This is a amethyst ring set in silver. Its in the shape of a heart. I adore it. Its so pretty.

For those who don't know, I've been in Melbourne for the past few weeks. Amongst the other things that have occupied my time I've watched a shit load of DVDs. Here are my thoughts on some of them:
Sin City: I didn't like it at all. I found it one weird ass, fucked up movie. It also had way, way too much blood and gore in it for my liking. I spent half of the movie hiding under the blanket.

Pirates of the Caribbean: I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Johnny Depp was hilarious as a very camp pirate. I can't wait to the next one of these movies.

Viva La Bam - Seasons One and Two: I thought these were pretty funny. Though the episode with the Uncle with the missing toenail made me almost vomit and have to leave the room. That was just sick.

Napoleon Dynamite: I think this wins the prize for the most pointless movie I've watched this year. I totally enjoyed it though. Very 80s. Incredibly funny, almost to the point of nearly wetting myself in places.

As well as watching way too much tv, we did a bit of visiting. I got to meet my friend's 6 month old son Shane for the first time. He's adorable. He looks very much like his Dad. I have a cute picture of Shane being held by my daughter Nicole. I'll post it here if my friend Anne okays it. Nicole generally won't hold babies. But she was really keen to cuddle with Shane.

We also went to a Science Museum and Planetarium. It was really interesting, though way too busy. Damn the school holidays! We discovered that Nicole's grip strength is 4kg, mine is 25kg and my Hunni's is 52kg. We spent a bit of time in an exhibit where you have to go from station to station investigating clues and using surveillance equipment to solve a crime. Unfortunately we ran out of time and didn't figure out the answer.

The Planetarium was cool too. We sat in these chairs that reclined back to an almost lying down position and look at the show projected onto the dome ceiling. I fell asleep part way though it. It was nice to feel so relaxed lol.

We went to a couple of absolutely massive shopping centres too. Southlands is two stories across a main highway!! Chadstone (I kept getting told off for pronouncing it Chad-Stone, when apparently its pronounced Chadston by the locals) is one of the largest malls in the Southern Hemisphere!!

So anyways, connections were strengthened. I feel a time for change is drawing near. Its going to mean a major upheaval for all concerned. But as my good friend Sandy said today...Life is too short to spend it waiting.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Sin City was amazing :o!

2:34 AM  
Blogger eMMa said...

Quite easily. It was a fucked up movie :)

11:45 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

So glad you are back!
Sounds like you had a great time!
I loved Pirates and I can't wait to see the new sequel...I've heard only good things in the reviews so far.

I've not seen any of the other movies you mentioned.
I have a huge backlog in films to watch..unfortunately, I watch mostly kid friendly shows....
Not forever though..they grow too fast.
Welcome back and
Change is good!
Hope you keep your blog though.

3:23 AM  
Blogger _-Sweet-Thing-_ said...

yes you can use the photo of Nicole and Shane on here!

Southland is the shopping center that goes across the road but I think Southland has 3 floors. Southland is actually heaps bigger than Chadstone! I got lost at Southland once and had to ask a shop assistant where the bridge was, her reply was your on it! Lol I never knew shops were built on bridges!

I'm so excited, I can't wait for you to come over here for good! =D

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home