Thursday, June 14, 2007

RIP Ariana

A Christchurch man who stabbed his ex-partner to death in front of her toddler has been jailed for life with a minimum non parole period of 15 years.
24-year-old Ariana Burgess was stabbed to death in her car last September after being abducted from a house at knife-point.
21-year-old Tony Brian Norman admitted kidnap and murder charges, telling police he suspected Ms Burgess of infidelity.
The court heard that Norman suffered from severe personality disorder and lacked the self control of a normal person.
He was also sentenced to nine years for kidnapping and three years for aggravated burglary.

Ariana was a friend of a friend. As well as having the 2 year old little girl, she has a 8 year old son.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evil Bastard!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

Oh No! :-(

It's absolutely horrid when children are involved in violence on any level.

My little one has a child in his class whose mom was murdered in front of him. It's been three years and he still bear psychological scars.

People, anyone, who does that to children, of any age, deserve severe punishment. Not that it would make a difference to them ... to do that they HAVE to be pretty far gone in the head ...but still..keep them out of society forever!

12:28 AM  
Blogger eMMa said...

You always hear about this sort of thing happening to 'other people', people you don't know. But when it happens to someone you do know, it really hits home. I wasn't close with Ariana and I'd not seen her for quite some time because she'd moved down to Christchurch. But before that she was the kind of person I'd stop and chat with if I saw her in the supermarket. She was a lovely person and a great mum. Its such a tragedy that this happened to her.

I saw my sister for the first time in several years about a month ago. I forgot to mention this to her. I do hope she heard though. She knew Ariana too. I hope this happening may make my sister reconsider the abusive relationship shes in.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home