Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I've been looking for another job. Been doing the rounds of the local businesses. Then on Saturday morning I got a bite! The flashest hotel in town offered me a job! It was part time so it would kinda fit around Nicole, which is what I want.

I talked to Nicole about it and explained someone else would have to look after her sometimes when I was working. She asked if it would 'give me more money' than my current job, when I said yes it would , she was quite happy for me to take it.

There were a few childcare issues that I had to be able to work around to be able to take the job. It required me to start at 8.30am, where as Nicole doesn't start school untill 9am. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find someone who will keep an eye on her for half an hour and make sure she gets to school. $6 every morning at the local childcare centre. Which didn't have any vacancies anyways.

They also wanted me to work weekends sometimes. Not having family nearby who would look after her for 4-6 hours occassionally, I have to rely on either friends, or a paid babysitting service. I frequently help my friends out by having their kids when they need someone to look after them. Yet would any of them look after Nicole? Hell no. Fuck that, i'm not going to do it anymore if its not reciprical. So I would have to pay a babysitting service to care for her. $33-47 a day.

So I would be paying at least $50 a week childcare. It was way too much. I couldn't afford it, so I had to turn the job down :(

I get pissed off with people who have their parent's or in-laws close who babysit their kids at the drop of a hat, yet take them for granted. I guess I'm just jealous about the things other families have, yet we don't. And I can't provide for my daughter, no matter how hard I try.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:51 PM  
Blogger eMMa said...

Eddie

I pressed the wrong button and deleted your comment. I'm sorry and didn't intend to at all.:(

Thank you for commenting on my blog. Basically its my random thoughts put together to make sense (sometimes:P)I'm sorry you're going through the same sorta shit as I am with childcare and trying to do whats right for your daughter. It sucks doesn't it?

On the upside, I went for another interveiw yesterday and was offered a job. Only draw back is they want me to be available to work Sundays, the boss asked me if this was a problem and I said YES. So he said he would start me during the week and see how it goes. Wish me luck!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home