Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Whale Rider Movie


Some answers for Michelle!

The whale rider was set and filmed in the small town of Whangara. Whangara is 29kms north of Gisbourne, on the East Coast of the North Island.

I've never been to this place, but if its like the beach that I frequent...the water is freezing in the winter and at night, but quite nice during the day in summer. Plus the air temperature drops some at night, even in the summer.

This is a graph showing the sea temperatures there.

The hongi is the Maori welcome expressed by the rubbing or touching of noses, something akin to the Western custom of kissing someone by way of greeting.

The literal meaning of "hongi" is the "sharing of breath."

I'm sorry I took so long in answering these for you, I had a nasty case of laziness. (I think I caught it from Chaz..:P) I hope this helps!

2 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Wheeee!

Oh, Lara! This is AWESOME!!

Thank you! Thank you! It's perfect.

Even the graph thingy.

Don't worry about taking so long. Jeepers, it's not like it was the most important thing to do...thank you SO much for taking the time to do this for me. I'm am so excited!!!!

Thank you again!!!!!!

10:51 AM  
Blogger eMMa said...

You're welcome!!! It was no big deal lol

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home