Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Its my party, and I'll cry if I want to...

I've been keeping to myself a lot today. I've got stuff on my mind, and I feel pretty damn antisocial. We all have days like that, yes?

A while back I sorted though all my old cassettes and got rid of most of them. I don't even have a tape deck in my car anymore. I did keep some, one in particular has been on my mind a bit the last day or so.

A few days before my 18th birthday party I made a mix tape. I listened to it today. I still remember all the words to the songs. This afternoon I've been downloading the songs on it and making it into a CD. Like the tape it will be called 18 Mix. LOL

Want to know what songs I liked when I was 18? Too bad, I'm going to tell you anyways...
Love Shack - B-52s
Janie's Got a Gun - Aerosmith
Nathan Jones - Bananarama
The Riddle - Nik Kershaw
I love Rock and Roll - Joan Jett
War - Tour of Duty Soundtrack
Hair - Hair Musical Soundtrack
Sister Madly - Crowded House
It's My Party - Leslie Gore
To Sir, With Love - Lulu
Starman - David Bowie
Venus - Bananarama
Paint it Black - Rolling Stones
Jefferson Starship - We Built this City

A unusual choice for an 18 year old, I'm thinking? Only a handful of those songs were from 1990 or there abouts. Some of them were from the 60's. I must have been a really strange kid.

The original tape I made has both my younger brother and sister's voices on it. They were notorious for recording their voices on whatever tape they could get their little hands on. John would have been 8 and Christine 5/6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home