Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Thinking about tapes...

When I was cleaning up after the floods I discovered Nana had 10 tapes which my brother and I made when we were children for them. They mostly have my Dad's voice on them along with ours. But there are a few with my mum on them. I listened to a couple of them today, and cried a bit...

It was strange hearing both my parent's English accents. People say that my Dad still has an English accent. I don't notice it at all. I don't doubt its still there though.

I lived in Rarotonga, Cook Islands for 3 years when I was a child. I picked up a weird accent there. It was almost like a South African accent. I vaguely recall the two girls who lived next door being from there. I'm not sure. I do remember being teased when I came back to New Zealand for 'talking differently'.

Perhaps that's why I've got a 'thing' for accents now? Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home