Friday, November 12, 2004

Where it all began

My family is weird. Most people probably say that about their families, but I really mean it. My Mum was one of 10 children, and wanted only 2 children of her own. Whereas my Dad was an only child and wanted a lot of his own children. From what I know, that was one of the major reasons their marriage broke down when I was about 6.

Together they had me, the oldest and my brother Michael. Michael is 29, and works in a computer shop. He lives 6 hours drive away. He hasn't been here for a visit in nearly 2 years.

Then my parents split and Dad met the only person I truly hate, Kaisari. She had a son whom relatives were raising. His name is Tauraki and he's now 23. I have no clue where he is. Last I heard he was fruit picking in the South Island, dunno if he's still there or not. His childhood was very fucked up, being pushed from relative to relative, not being wanted by anyone.

Together Kaisari and Dad had John who's 22, living in the same city as me. He works as a drainlayer and he and his girlfriend Amber are expecting their first baby at the end of November.

Then they had Christine. She's 20, she also lives in the same city as me. She lives at a gang pad with her nasty and highly abusive boyfriend. They have a 15 month old son called Brooklyn, and I have heard she is heavily pregnant again.

Dad and Kaisari's marriage was always very volatile, a lot of abuse, alcohol and anger. Not to mention she was a raving lunatic. She used to believe her deceased grandmother was talking to her. The unfairness in the way all us different children were treated was disgusting. I was the maid/cook/child rearer, Michael was ignored except to be yelled at occasionally, John was a spoilt little shit who was very destructive and Christine was the little princess who could never do wrong and who's misbehaviours were always someone else's fault.

Their marriage lasted 2 weeks after I packed mine and Michael's bags and moved out at the ripe age of 16. Refusing to go back or allow Michael to go back. They had to look after their own kids and cook their own food. 2 weeks after that John and Christine came to live with us too.

About 4 months later we moved back in with Dad. Kaisari was quite happy for John and Christine to be raised by us, UNTIL welfare found out that she was ripping the system off and was claiming money for them while not actually having any contact with them. She took Dad to court and got them back.

Kaisari went on to have 2 more sons, Jimmy who is 14 and Harry who is 10. Welfare took custody of both boys, she has neither. Last I heard she was doing drugs, drinking heavily and turning tricks. Yes, I do mean being an prostitute.

When I was in my early 20s Dad was working in Western Samoa, there he met Sofima who eventually became wife number 3. She already had two sons Roydon who is now 17 and Felice who is 15. They both live with other relatives in Australia. Actually what's with all these women not raising their own children? I don't understand how they could do that.

Anyways while he was in Samoa, I had a phone call from Kaisari asking me if I would take John. He was 11 at the time. He had apparently tipped an entire lemon meringue pie over her head. I was pretty sure she had deserved it, but never the less agreed to take him. I picked him and his bags up and took him to McDonald's for dinner and sat him down and told him if he ever even thought about hurting me in anyway, I would knock his ass into next year. He never did.

Kaisari continued her downwards spiral into the wonderful world of drugs, gang association and abuse. Two years later I had a phone call from Christine at 11pm at night, she was terrified. I went and got her. I walked into her mothers house which was filled with drunken gang members, picked her up and walked out. Her mother tried to stop me, I nailed the bitch. It felt good.

I took her to court and got custody of both of them. No wonder they do some fucked up things though. I can't imagine the stuff they saw. I do know Kaisari was offering Johns 13 year old girlfriend and her friend $200 to have sex with one of her male friends.

So while all this was happening Dad was happily living with Sofima in Samoa then his job moved him to Australia. Eventually they had Mark, who is 6. A week before Sofima had Mark I found out I was pregnant with Nicole. So uncle and niece are 8 months apart in age.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home