Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My Brocky


Last night I went downstairs to get ready for bed and found Brock our 10 month old kitten lying on the bedroom floor. I had to step over him to get into the bedroom. He then started rocking backwards and forwards. I watched him thinking that he was acting really strange. He rocked himself into a sitting position and I realised his left front paw was curled under. I picked him up and it hung limply. We put him to bed and took him to the vet first thing this morning.

It turns out hes been hit by a car and has a broken leg. He also has a minor head injury and bruising. So we had decide what to do. Its going to cost $1400 to fix his leg. Or we could have him put down. We've decided to pay the money and get the cat fixed. Hes due to be transfered from our vet to a bigger vets tomorrow morning then undergo surgery in the afternoon. The surgery is expected to take several hours. Everything going well we should be able to bring him home on Thursday afternoon or Friday. Hes going to need 6 weeks of total cage rest. Hes not going to be a happy kitty. But at least hes alive.

It was a tough decision and after my experience with Cindel, I'm really hoping we made the right decision for Brock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home